Purpose of the Reopening Committee
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's reopening plan contains a great deal of mandated guidance with some flexibility for each district's specific needs. The purpose of this Advisory Committee is to review the state's guidance and develop a comprehensive plan to guide the school district's safe and effective reopening of our schools.
Goals of the Committee
- To thoroughly review DESE’s reopening plan;
- To provide input and guidance to the Millbury administration and School Committee in developing a reopening plan for our schools;
- To assist in identifying potential issues that need to be addressed for reopening;
- To assist in the development of surveys and gathering input from stakeholders throughout our community;
- To make recommendations for Millbury’s School Reopening Plan.
Structure of the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee will be directly overseen by the Superintendent of Schools. The Advisory Committee is comprised of school administrators, staff, parents, town officials, the Board of Health, nurses, and other members to be determined necessary. These members will participate in working group meetings that will address specific needs for reopening. Currently, these groups will consist of: Academic Programming; Safety and Wellness; and Operations.
Advisory Board to Oversee Finalized Reopening Plan
MPS Family Questionnaire: Specific Needs Assessment (please complete by Friday, July 31st)
Indoor Air Quality Reports
Attached below are two (2) Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) reports we requested this Fall to determine our Indoor Air Quality levels. Specifically, the first report tested for our room's Air Exchange Rate and the second report recorded Temperature, Relative Humidity, Carbon Dioxide (CO2) and Carbon Monoxide (CO).