Home of the Woolies
Helpful Links and Resources
“Take Me Home, Keep Me Safe Project.”
- This program is designed with safety in mind and is based on the “The Take Me Home Project” being used in Florida and New York. It was expanded to include individuals of all ages and disabilities and/or mental capacity.
- Essentially, the Project allows an individual to be “registered” at the police department. This information is stored at the Millbury Police Department and is only shared with Millbury Police, Fire and EMS personnel.
- For example, if your child, spouse, relative, etc. were to wander off, we could run his/her name through our in-house system to get emergency contact information, a photograph, and other pertinent information. Completed packets will be stored in a three ring binder housed at the Millbury Police Department.
- We’re hoping this project will help us locate individuals faster when/if they wander, or help us better understand and assist an individual who may have a disability or special need.
- REMEMBER: IT IS THE FAMILIES’ RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE FORMS AND PHOTOGRAPHS OF THEIR LOVED ONES.